Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen S Kolba has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen S Kolba has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Karen S Kolba has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 37
If you did not find this doctor to be the best, you need to think again. In 20 years, I have been treated by many rheumatologists.. I came to Dr. Kolba a cripple. No doctor was able to help me. Instinctively, this brilliant, understanding woman knew how to help me, and to help me quickly. The atmosphere of her office is warm and home like. Her therapy dogs are just that . Dr. Kolba is retiring. She saved my life, and I will always miss her and feel grateful! J. Wright
A very gruff and nonprofessional manner was the starting point of our appointment. the doctor totally decided with no real basis most of my long established diagnoses were not accurate. she performed no real physical exam. . when we are asking for help in the medical sense, one does not expect to be so completely disrespected. after an hour of talking AT me, while typing the entire time her notes into the computer, she hit the print button and gave me a copy of what she felt what was "wrong" with me. wow! she apparently decided my medical status on the basis of reading the 10 or so med history pages we were required to submit prior to our appointment, which i assumed were the "starting point" to our appointment. rather, they became her basis for "her" diagnosis. (they were all very accurate medical professional diagnoses from doctors at different med centers). after reading what she had typed, i thought she must have spent the hour with "another patient", not me. i believe she thought because i was still walking at all with my many diagnoses, that they must be wrong. THAT IS THE NATURE OF RHEUMATOLOGICAL DISORDERS!! they flare and the severity comes and goes. the one disorder i was actually referred to her for did yield some good information.
will obviously treat pt's nice, because she has to. but people should be judged by how they treat individuals they don't have to treat nicely. She definitely will treat those that she does have power over like trash. Including her office workers, medical students, pharmaceutical reps, waitresses. I would go to a knowledgeable physician who treats everyone nice.
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Karen S Kolba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPacific Arthritis Center, 607 Plaza Dr Ste A, Santa Maria, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen S Kolba in this video.
Dr. Karen S Kolba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Maria, CA.