Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen F Kuhns has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen F Kuhns has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Karen F Kuhns has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I went to this office yesterday. I had never been there before. I called and told them I was new, from out of town, and was feeling lousy and needed to see a Doctor. I have moderate high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I had a cough, clogged up sinuses and felt like crap. I waited about 7 minutes and was taken back by a medical assistant who did the vitals. She was friendly and sympathetic. Next I saw the Physician's Assistant. She gave me a good once over and asked me to wait and see the Doctor. Dr. Kuhns came in within a minute and she too, gave a thorough exam and reviewed my medical history and medications. I left with a prescription, a follow-up appointment in one week, and today I got a phone call to see how I was feeling. I never got that from my own Doctor back home and I have been going to him for 13 years. I was pleased with the appointment, Never hassled me about my out of town insurance. Gave me some advice on handling my diabetes during the holidays as well and my diabetes was not why I was there. A very good experience considering the office, which also has a pediatrics practice was very busy. Dr. Kuhns is very reserved and her PA was very outgoing; they work well together. I was not there to make friends but to be treated and I was treated well.
Even with a serious experience of pain, I still did not see the Doctor, but only an assistant who was clearly out of her league. After X-Rays that showed a problem, they offered the same medication that did not work the first time, with no follow up of specialists for this particular type of acute pain, even after I called 3 times in attempt to get a recommendation. If you want to spend your money on an assistant and as a result receive sub-standard or no care at all, then visit this doctor and office. It amazes me that the insurance companies are so easily defrauded. We pay full fare to visit with an assistant.
I was going to her for over a year and yet I've never met her. I don't even know how she looks like. Everytime i went to her office, there was always some intern that was taking the informations to her, then she would write up the prescription and have the intern bring it to me. She just sat in her office.
43 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1975
Abington Memorial Hospital
Dr. Karen F Kuhns accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatrics By The Sea, 285 SE 5th Ave, Delray Beach, FL
Dr. Karen F Kuhns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Delray Beach, FL.