Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen L Law has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Law belittled me the entire time I was in her office. She never did any blood work, instead just looked at older records and decided to make a diagnosis from that. She called it depression. I have had a high positive ANA for 17 years in addition to debilitating symptoms. I explained to her that my quality of life is very poor. She said I looked fine. I told her that I get flare ups and she laughed right in my face. By far one of the worst doctors I have ever seen.
Dr. Law is a fantastic doctor. I went to see her after a couple years of going to a less than great rheum. She was super thorough, and was honest and open about what she thought and the care that I had been getting. I decided to stay with her, and was provided with excellent care. She remembered my personal details, treated me like a friend, and always let me know her professional opinion on my condition, and how things were progressing. She is one of my favorite doctors, and the staff at EC are awesome as well. She is super responsive with following up.
I only saw this doctor once. After waiting almost an hour, she walked into the exam room without having read my records or test results and almost immediately diagnosed me as NOT having the disease that I had. If she had read my records she would have known that the empirical test results, my symptoms, and the THREE diagnoses from other specialists, all confirmed that I have the disease. But that wasn't all: she was incredibly rude, abrupt, offensive and insulting. She ordered a long laundry list of lab tests and shooed my husband and I out the door and to the Lab. The tests she ordered had all been done already and the results were in my records if she had bothered to look. We still went to the lab where there was at least an hour wait. We saw no rational reason for staying--the lab work was redundant and might not be covered by insurance and we already knew we would never go back to see Dr. Law. In the time since I saw her, my disease has progressed pretty much as expected. More specialists have concurred on the diagnosis--there is not doubt. My advice to all is to AVOID DR. LAW!! Do not waste your time and money. Find another 'specialist'!
Horrid experience! This doctor's attitude is arrogant to the point of "why even bother being a doctor?" She had a contemptuous attitude toward me from the minute she walked into the exam room. My husband said he could tell instantly that things were not going to go well. And he was right. She gave me a snap diagnosis based on what, I don't know. Because she didn't look at my records and didn't let me answer the questions she asked! She picked the symptoms she wanted and ignored the ones she didn't. It was a nightmare. We will never go back. We even decided not to go through the lab work she ordered, but instead told them to take us off the schedule--we weren't coming back---EVER! Horrid doctor. Horrible experience. Gave me nightmares!
11 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Karen L Law accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsEmory University Hospital Midtown, 550 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Karen L Law is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.