Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen K Lazzaro has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
If you are in terrific health and don't mind a part-time physician, you may find her acceptable. However, an incompetent and rude office staff makes the experience of dealing with her very frustrating...the lack of concern, difficulty in getting a message to her, and follow through on issues that can compromise health is astounding. Is it negligence or incompetence....either way, I would strongly advise to look elsewhere for a PCP.
Seems to be a bit of piling on against Dr L with a number of these review sites. I guess it comes down to what you expectfrom your Dr. If you have a problem with a staffer, for heaven's sake, tell her.When i'm there-I know that i'm being examined and advised by an intelligent and professional human being that I just happen to trust with my life. That's what I want from my Dr.& that,s why I go to Dr. L. Hang in there kid.
Without a doubt, this office has the worst office staff. They are rude, and in some cases, incompetent. There is not use complaining, because the office manager is responsible for their behavior, and she doesn't want to hear it.Dr. Lazarro is wonderful. But probably has lost many patients because of the "worst office staff" in Westmoreland County.
I am not sure what the other comments are referring, too. However, I have been seeing Dr. Lazzaro for 16 years and not only is she an amazing diagnostician, but she has a wonderful personality. Her abilities as a diagnostician saved the lives of my grandparents. She picked up on the slightest problem with my grandfather's heart that was even hard to detect with advanced testing, but due to her persistence they found the issue and it saved him from a potential heart attack. She discovered an issue with my grandmother's intestinal track that was life threatening and because Dr. Lazzaro was so insistent about the testing. They found the problem and performed the surgery. My family owes her a great deal of gratitude for all that she has done for my grandparents, as well as for my parents and my family--she treats 3 generations of my family and we consider ourselves very fortunate to have such an amazing doctor for our family.
26 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Karen K Lazzaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWalworth Medical Associates, 1275 S Main St Ste 102, Greensburg, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen K Lazzaro in this video.
Dr. Karen K Lazzaro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greensburg, PA.