Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen S Lyons has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 86
Dr. Lyons botched our son's circumscion by not taking enough skin off. The day he was scheduled for his circumscion, we sat in the hospital arguing with Dr. Lyons on why we wanted our son to be circumscied in the first place. She told us that it should be my son's choice later in life, and didn't care about our religious reasoning! During my entire pregnancy her bedside manner was horrible, I should have switched doctor's but felt couldn't get into anyone so late into my pregnancy. I truly believe this woman should have her license taken away for handing back my son to me in the hospital after completely ruining my sons chance of having a normal life now. She just left after the circumscion after any explanation, and hasn't offered help in fixing it either. We took our son to a urogynocolgist who told us the surgery to fix it, the risk outweighed the reward. Now our son lives with constant UTI's. Please don't waste your time or money on a women who has zero respect for her practice or patients.
Dr Lyons has be caring for me for years. She delivered my 3 children and will soon be delivering my 4th! I love her ability to be personable, to listen, to be straight forward with me....but also have the ability to joke and have fun. She Is an amazing doctor and I'm blessed to have her care for me!
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
- University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Karen S Lyons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health Specialists, 350 Park St Ste 203, Bowling Green, KY
Dr. Karen S Lyons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bowling Green, KY.