Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen M Nelson
Dr. Karen M Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Urbana, IL, with another office in Tacoma, WA. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with Mary Bridge Children's Hospital & Health Center. Dr. Nelson has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Karen M Nelson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Karen M Nelson has the following 13 expertise
- Pelvic Pain
- Women's Health
- Laser Surgery
- Hot Flashes
- Urinary Incontinence
- Ovarian Cancer
- Adolescent Medicine
- Uterine Cancer
Dr. Karen M Nelson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
I shared my birthing journey with Dr. Nelson twice and I felt as though I was being guided by an Angel. Dr. Nelson is by far the most knowledgeable, gentle, considerate and intelligent doctors I have ever met. Dr. Nelson is intuitive and selfless. I was so impressed by her attitude and encouragement. Dr. Nelson is incredible.
All the Staff and Dr. Nelson are really understanding and know their stuff. They genuinely care about the safety and well being of their patients and new arrivals. Dr. Nelson is really easy to talk to, She does every means possible to get mother and baby safe, She checks up on you regularly while you are staying in the hospital, and she does after birth follow ups. I can not thank them enough.
Dr. Nelson is incredibly down to earth and knows the OB/GYN field. She was able to answer every one of my questions and offer me a number of alternatives and then discuss the pros and cons of each option. My case was unique and she went above adn beyond to secure the proper treatment, providers and tools they would need to resolve my specific issues. She visisted with me multiple times in recovery, called my family and explained everything to them. The number one thing that I respected the most was that she listened to my concerns, discussed them with me and allowed me to make my own educated decisions. There was no pressure, only encouragement toward doing what I felt was best. She and her staff are incredibly compassionate and knowledgeable and they took fantastic care of me. I was really pleased with my experience with Dr. Nelson.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. Karen M Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Pacific Medical Centers WA
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karen M Nelson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Urbana, IL.