Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen E Mead has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 15
I agree with the other reviewers. She is a horrible doctor. Heartless. Cold. More interested in trying to get family to allow patient to die than to help patient improve. Our experience was some years ago. Sorry that other people were subjected to her care and lost a loved one as we did. Hope she is retired so she can't harm more people. Assigned to us by head of critical care who was also heartless and incompetent. They should call her Dr. Death.
our parent was under her care while critically ill and died. she was more interested in trying to convince us to let our parent die than anything else. she was assigned to our parent's care due to her supposed expertise in working with critically ill patients. she was cold, heartless and incompetent. she displayed a horrible bedside manner to our parent and was disrespectful to our ill parent and our family. do not entrust your loved one's care to her. you will be sorry. I was saddened to read that other families had the same experience with her as our family did.
Mead and her staff on the 5th floor at Highland Hospital don't care about their patients. They leave them in bed soiled with themselves..staff is too lazy to change them..its just easier to medicate them to make them sleep..Mead doesn't order the proper test and is too busy to talk to you..Retire Mead..its time!!
Dr. Mead is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Karen E Mead accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStrong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen E Mead in this video.
Dr. Karen E Mead is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.