Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen J Miller has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Miller is a real doctor, as simple as that. She genuinely cares for her patients, she listens to them and their parents, she answers every single question and gives you simple answers and solutions. None of the modern complications of a doctor visit are part of her practice. Her staff is wonderful and they all make you feel welcome.
We first met Dr. Madden (male) in 1999 when interviewing pediatricians before the birth of our first born. When he left that practice, we noticed a change in care. We found him again and quickly joined his new practice, now with Doctors Miller (female) and Saini (female). The entire office is simply wonderful. You can't go wrong with any of the doctors. They are all personable, ready to listen, and patient. They listen to what you're saying, never discount your feelings, and aren't quick to push medications, except where clearly indicated. They are also proactive without being reactionary, if you know what I mean. They don't get freaked out, but they do stay on top of things.The wait is never more than 10 minutes at most, it is easy to get an appointment, and the staff is very good. The nurses give the necessary shots, instead of the doctors, so that the kids don't have any trust issues. Everything seems very efficient. When we've had to make after-hours phone calls, they respond to the pager without a second call needing to be placed.Our kids are now 11 and 6 and I've told the doctors they can't retire until our youngest is an adult! I'm gushing because it is incredibly important to find the right caregiver for one's children. We made the right choice here.
Everyone in this practice is great (that includes the office staff and nurses as well). They manage to be fast and effcient without ever being curt or rude. I have friends that have had great experiences with Dr. Miller; in particular she was able to diagnose a vision problem in a very young child. The accuracy of her diagnosis surprised the ophthalmologist that later saw the child.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Miller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Karen J Miller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCatonsville Pediatrics, 1011 Frederick Rd Ste 2, Catonsville, MD
Dr. Karen J Miller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Catonsville, MD.