Dr. Karen Muratore Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Muratore?

Posted on July 12th, 2017

She is a very good Dr with lots of broad medical knowledge & has very good bedside manner

Great Family Doctor

Posted on August 30th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Karen Muratore for many years. She provides excellent care.

Karen Muratore is an excellent family practice physician

Posted on August 25th, 2015

Dr. Muratore has treated me, my wife and two sons for something like 30 years now and we have never had a problem with the quality of her care. She is thorough and provides remarkably accurate diagnosis. I can call at 8:00 AM with a problem that can't wait and she will see me before 11:00 AM same day most of the time. The appointment will be pushed to the PM same day upon occasion when the issue is unpleasant and uncomfortable but not serious.

I went there feeling bad and left feeling worse!

Posted on December 11th, 2014

This lady was SO rude and conceited. Never going back. Very poor bedside manner.

Posted on July 1st, 2014

I have seen Dr. Muratore for over 20 yrs... She is an amazing Dr., Smart, spends time with you and really listens to your concerns.

the best physician ever...

Posted on June 2nd, 2011

I've been with Karen for over 20 years and my dealings with her have been entirely positive. Most of our interaction have been during routine physicals, but when medical situations have arisen (either with me or my kids) Karen has been aggressive and accomodating. She squeezes me in when I need to see her same day, and I've never (in 22 years) had to wait more than 25 minutes in her waiting room for a scheduled visit. She's thorough, and I've never felt rushed during my visits. I trust her.My only problem with her practice has been with her nurse, Tracy. I understand that I have to work through a gatekeeper to access Karen, but Tracy lacks people skills necessary to be effective in that role. She's gone now...Extremely satisfied. Muratore is the best.

Too Busy to be bothered with my concerns

Posted on January 17th, 2011

I moved to Baton Rouge 2 years ago and when I first signed on with her I was thrilled, as she very much reminded me of a doctor I had for years in Florida that I was rather closely bonded with. At first, Karen seemed to be a pretty good doctor; she listened to me, was not difficult to deal with, never made me feel as though I were being talked down to or that I needed to "prove" myself; she took me at my word and just asked what treatments I was on, and got all my meds up and running again, shots up to date, diagnostic procedures up to date, etc. However, once we got into a "routine" of the pharmacy calling when I needed a refill, etc then I began to see how things really are once you are established. Now I don't know if this is a prejudicial thing, since I am VERY poor and disabled and on Medicare, Medicaid, Food Stamps etc, or if this is just how she is, but I have not seen her or even heard a word from her in ages. When I stopped seeing a neurosurgeon who had been prescribing me a B12 injection and I needed her to take over prescribing it for me, she told me to go in and have blood work drawn, but she still never saw me. Without exception even ONCE, I have on multiple occasions, called and needed to speak with her or see her and was told EVERY TIME that she was "out of the office for the week"... or even MONTH! Now I can understand this happening once or twice, but I find it hard to believe that I have had the misfortune to attempt to speak with or see her during times she was "out of the office" for EXTENDED periods of time four or five times in a row?!? Sorry; but that doesn't wash with me. Especially as, the last time I actually DID get to see her, I got a late appointment, had to wait a long time and when she comes in and I try to tell her everything that is going on she tells me "Pick ONE thing and we'll talk about it. I am in a hurry and don't have time for this." You're kidding me, right? Now to explain, I am disabled and am suffering from multiple conditions including but not limited to, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disk Disease, Bone Spurring, Endometriosis, Osteoarthritis, Sciatica and other neuropathy pretty severe in my legs. Since I have been here (over 2 years) I have had multiple surgical procedures, had upper and lower Endoscopy/colonoscopy, a whole slew of X-Rays and I have multiple specialists I see monthly, including a pain specialist. I take 9 meds in the morning and 7 at night with a few scattered around at odd hours too. I take Lyrica, Morphine, Lortab, Percocet... I take a LOT of serious medications and have issues ongoing that need attended to but guess what? My doctor is always out of the office for the week. What good does it do me to see her anyway? I am not important to her; and I could have had a heart attack and 3 strokes since I last saw her and she would tell me she didn't have time for it. In other words, she doesn't have time for ME. Fine. I use my pain specialist for about everything now; I see her a minimum of once a month, whereas I haven't seen Dr. Muratore in about a year or more. If she doesn't want to see me, that's fine; I can find doctors to deal with the issues I have going on. But I do need her to refill my scripts when they come due, and she can't even seem to do THAT these days. I am out out of medication I desperately need to control the side effects of a hernia I am waiting to have repaired, and every time I call my pharmacy, they complain that they have faxed requests to her office over and over and over for days on end with no reply and would I please call them, because they can't get them to do anything? My doctor has become apathetic to my needs at best; negligent if you ask me. I have seen her at her best and she CAN be very understanding and caring, helpful and friendly; just the kind of doctor you'd want. I am not sure if she just does not like ME, or what is going on but she went from Beauty to Beast pretty quickly. In fact, what prompted me to write this is, I had to do a Google search on her since she is NO LONGER at the address listed... North Blvd. She moved her practice ages ago... I bet close to a year. I needed to find her information so I could call and beg them to please call in my meds to the Pharmacy. Ugh. Anyway that is my personal opinion of her. She CAN be compassionate, caring, dedicated, knowledgeable, all the things you would want in a good doctor. But for me, at least she has not been. In fact my relationship with her has been a long bout of frustration and I talk with Tracy (her.... LPN? RN? PA? Who knows...) more than I do anyone there. Good luck.

Posted on July 12th, 2017