Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Rollins
Dr. Karen Rollins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Denver, CO. She has 10 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurological Surgery and Neurology. Dr. Rollins is affiliated with Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center, Exempla Inc Saint Joseph Hospital and Exempla Inc Saint Joseph Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Rollins has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Karen Rollins has the following 4 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Karen Rollins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karen Rollins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Rollins was my neurologist for a number of years. During that time she provided very little feedback regarding my condition, wouldn't respond to emails in a timely manner, and refused to share information unless you met with her at her office. She was not willing to hear any suggestions regarding my condition that were not lockstep with the American Medical Association's handbook. If you are diagnosed with a neurological disorder, she is a great place to start as she will do a good job at describing the condition that you are suffering from, but will not work with you at all to treat it. Her response is take some meds, if that doesn't work, increase your meds, if that doesn't work, up the dosage a little more.
Dr. Rollins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center
Exempla Inc Saint Joseph Hospital
Exempla Inc Saint Joseph Hospital
10 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 2003
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSkyline Medical Offices, 1375 E 20th Ave, Denver, CO
Dr. Karen Rollins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denver, CO.