Dr. Karen Roperti Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Karen Roperti?

Posted on October 31st, 2017

Dr. Roperti was extremely rude and judgemental. I saw her for a routine gynecology appointment and she lectured me on my sex life, as if I was a child being reprimanded. Extremely unprofessional. I will NEVER go back to her, nor would I ever recommend her! Stay away from this woman.

In good hands.

Posted on February 23rd, 2016

Because she has different offices, there may be some time to wait if you want to see her near you. But she is totally worth the wait. She's warm and personable and spends time with you if you have questions .

Posted on June 3rd, 2015

Dr. Roperti makes going to the gynecologist a cake walk. She made me feel so comfortable and at ease. It was the first time I'd met her so instead of diving right in, she took the time to get to know me first and then did the exam. Excellent, excellent doctor! Highly recommend!!

Avoid Her

Posted on March 2nd, 2015

I saw her when i was unable to get a visit with my regular doctor. Terrible doctor. Was the rudest i have ever seen! Didn't appear the least bit concerned about me-reminded me more of a cut throat business woman that a doctor.

Posted on December 8th, 2014

Went to this doctor several years ago and from reading the other reviews, I see she UNFORTUNATELY has had the opportunity to negatively impact so may others. She was on duty during my first born. I had never met her before going into labor (I just had bad luck in having my water break on her duty) I truly didn't know what to make of her abrasive attitude. She was indifferent, uncaring and flat out rude. She really couldn't have cared any less. Wouldn't listen to me or the nurses who had to BEG her for assistance. My experience with her is STILL one of the worst memories of my life.

Avoid - Bad Dr.

Posted on April 10th, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Roperti for a couple of years. (I have since 'fired' her) I’m a 47 year old female who understands her body. Dr. Roperti is belittling, does not listen and appears to not care about my concerns, issues or past experiences. She has an agenda and regardless of whom you are or what you’re experiencing, she is determined to follow-thru with her own agenda. A dear friend of mine was also a patient. After comparing notes, we found we had the exact same issues with Dr. Roperti: She doesn’t listen, she has her own procedures/agendas, is condescending, argumentative and just plain rude.

she sucks

Posted on October 14th, 2013

I can not agree more with all these negative comments. I had to deal with her when i had my leep procedure. She talked to me like i was stupid and diseased. I am now 6 months pregnant and wanted to stay with west penn because i LOVE every other doctor there, But because of how much i dislike her i am switching to a new obgyn in fear she will be the dr on call when i deliver.

Very rude - No consideration for your feelings - Will judge you.

Posted on April 21st, 2012

I had an unusual papsmear result showing very mild dysplasia, the first i've ever had in my life. Roperti told me I had an STD and treated me like a promiscuous teenager, like I was diseased or something. (I was 25 and engaged - only ever with one partner). She made me feel 2 inches tall and showed absolutely no regard for my feelings, extremely inconsiderate. I was called 2 weeks later to tell me my tests came back NEGATIVE and the dysplasia was a fluke thing. I've had normal papsmears every since. She will judge you. Stay away from her!

Poor Review

Posted on October 26th, 2011

I went to Dr. Roperti because my insurance has a website of in network doctors and she was 4-5 stars..... This may be the case if you are a healthy femle who is the ideal weight and has no health problems. I am not a healthy weight, which I am aware of and have been battling a while. I went to her looking for a second opinion on if I had PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome), because I didn't have the best confidence in my previous OB/GYN that I saw while in college. Well, my weight (and yes I know I am quite a bit over what I should be) seemed to be a distraction for her and she made me feel that because I am considered obese (I am UNDER 300 pounds and am 5'6") she made me feel that I did not have a right to be pregnant, though my husband and I want a child very much. Instead of saying "OK, you are much heavier than you should be and this makes you at a higher risk for life threatening complications with pregnancy, but we can work with this. Here is what you should do...." She was rude and hurtful, not directly of course. It was more "you are very overweight, you need to lose weight before you think of getting pregnant" and, "I have to send you for an internal sonogram because I can't feel your ovaries" (while she is pushing on my stomach, she could have gon more to the sides of my stomach but I got the feeling it was a less than full attempt on her part). Further I specifically told her that I thought I had PCOS... she ordered blood tests, and the internal sonogram thing and said my testosterone was slightly high but that I did not have PCOS. Further the sonogram went through and the person told me I had a little fluid in my fallopian tube but it wasn't unusual and wasn't a cause for concern.... I found out later when I switched doctors and had my records sent over to the new doctor (who by the way took about 2 minutes to look at the data) who said that, that fluid sac thing in my fallopian tube WAS unusual and WAS a cause for concern because it was BLOCKING my entire tube on the and could cause permanent damage to that tube. Also he looked at my blood tests and without my mentioning, told me that while my testosterone was a little high and not indicative of PCOS, my other values were dead ringers for either PCOS or a thyroid issue. He ordered more tests and we are going to get on track with this to regulate my cycle and get me at a healthier weight and pregnant. One more thing, I called Dr. Roperti because I thought I was having a miscarriage a few months ago. She was curt, short and callous with me, while ordering a test, despite how upset I Was that I might be miscarrying, when the test came back she, well her nurse, just called me and said "you aren't pregnant" not "you never were" or "yes you miscarried" and they made me feel like I was an idiot and how dare I waste their time..... Excuse me but 1. I have a masters, ok... I am not an idiot and 2. I have never been pregnant before, I have never miscarried before, I don't know what it is like. So please, have a little compassion for those of us out there who have never experienced pregnancy, are trying to, and who are scared because they are young and new to this.Bottom line, if you are a healthy weight with no major health issues, by all means go to Dr. Roperti. If you are not, and like me, are overweight and have other health issues that might go beyond textbook or who might complicate things a little. Don't bother, she will not help you and she will make you feel like you don't have a right to be pregnant, whether intentionally or not, the result is the same, you feel like you are not worth her time and that she is too busy to listen or follow up with you and if you make a mistake, "how dare you waste her time". I won't go to her ever again and I am writing this review (I don't usually write reviews) to see if I can spare some chubby girls out there, the pain and humiliation that she made me feel.

Posted on July 3rd, 2011

I learned of Dr. Roperti from a close friend who is already a patient of hers. Dr. Roperti fortunately found a cancer in my friend's appendix. We are so grateful.

Posted on March 11th, 2011

I have known Dr. Roperti for over 7 years. She has always been attentive and willing to listen to my concerns. She actually diagnosed me with a thyroid condition when my primary care physician thought I was just tired from dealing with my kids. I would trust her to care for anyone in my family.

Disconnected

Posted on January 27th, 2010

Didn't like her. She did not care about me as a patient whatsoever. Either she is burnt out or just self-centered. Felt unlucky to have went into labor on her shift.