Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen M Sciascia has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Birth Control
- Infectious Disease
- Breast Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 20
Visiting Dr. Karen Sciascia is like taking a breath of fresh air. Dr. Sciascia's outstanding professionalism and competence, coupled with her genuine consideration, patience and understanding of the human spirit, make her the ultimate gynecologist, and incredible individual. I actually look forward to my annual visits with Dr. Karen Sciascia.
I had a difficult problem to diagnose, after seeing 5 or 6 other doctors I felt so frustrated and I was in so much pain. Dr Sciascia performed a hysterectomy and relieved my pain. She was so encouraging and kind and so knowledgeable. I don't know what I would have done if I didnt find her. There is nobody around that is better. I saw other doctors before I found her and she was the only one that helped me. I am feeling great and it is all because of her.
Dr. Sciascia was recommended to me over 15 years ago when I was having issues that no other GYN was able to diagnose/treat. Dr. Sciascia listened to me, treated my condition quickly and I was feeling better in no time. Dr. S has also picked up on other medical conditions that my primary care physicians missed. She is a doctor who listens to you and works with you. I can't say enough good things about her.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
St Lukes Hospital
Dr. Karen M Sciascia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBethlehem Gynecology Associates, 190 Brodhead Rd Ste 205, Bethlehem, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen M Sciascia in this video.
Dr. Karen M Sciascia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethlehem, PA.