Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen E Senft has the following 2 specialties
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Karen E Senft has the following 9 expertise
- Cerebral Palsy
- Infectious Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Karen E Senft is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Seneft, no one can compare. She does not sugar coat things and she will spend the time to get your child exactly the services he or she needs. She is very knowledgeable and informative. She is at the top of her field and we are very priviledged to have a doctor of her caliber here in the lehigh valley. As a new patient it takes you about a year or better to get into see her, but it is well worth the wait. I just can't say enogh good things about how she helped my son-from dealing with him at home to helping guide us in our school district so that he received the proper education
39 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Karen E Senft accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGood Shepherd Rehabilitation Hospital, 850 S 5th St, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen E Senft in this video.
Dr. Karen E Senft is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.