Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen T Hacker has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Reading these reviews upsets me! Dr. Hacker is the most dedicated, thorough, kind and compassionate doctor! My only complaint is that she doesn't often advocate homeopathic methods but she is a young doctor still. Yes, it will take months to get in often times (7 months for my husband's first visit/physical). But the main reason I need her is to maintain my lupus and multiple specialists - the big picture - and explain to me everything that has happened with specialists and hospitals. For sick appointments the other doctors on staff are fantastic. My first appointment would have been over 6 months to wait but I explained I was in a lupus flare with no rheumatologist anymore and the front office lady set there for 20 minutes until she figured out a place to squeeze me in with a 2 month wait instead. Yes, you will wait a long time when you are there because she is going to give every patient the time they need, including you. However she is the most timely doctor to respond to messages in the MyChart system. In fact, she was on vacation this last weekend and answered me on a SUNDAY for a nonurgent question. Yes access and wait are a problem but completely worth it. I'm thankful I have her in my corner! If you have routine health issues, you may want to consider one of her colleagues but if you have chronic issues and need a true, compassionate health advocate Dr. Hacker is the doctor for you!
Last year for my physical I waited over 1-1/2 hrs to be seen, then was rushed through appt. This year I could not get in to see her, even 2 months out. She is rushed & curt. Was visibly irritated when I had a list at one visit. Only seen her 3x in 3 yrs due to unavailability. Am looking for another primary care physician.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
17 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Karen T Hacker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPiedmont Physicians White Oak, 1825 Highway 34 E Ste 3000, Newnan, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen T Hacker in this video.
Dr. Karen T Hacker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newnan, GA.