Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen R Tammela has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Karen R Tammela has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 20
I have seen Dr. Tammela for all three of my pregnancies and have enjoyed having her as a Dr. She does sometimes push for not as natural circumstances to be done, which was not in my interest, but she does it more out of the concern for the comfort/ability of you and baby. I do prefer natural methods, but as she is the best at surgical procedures I would trust her 100% if the baby or I was under distress. I may very well be having a c-section this baby.... so I will be counting on and looking forward to a safe procedure with her surgical skills and vast knowledge. I definitely would recommend her; as she truly cares about her patients. I will post another review if I end up having the c-section, but I am sure it will be a good one; as she has great bed side manner.
Love this doctor she is very professional and respectful. She listens to all of your concerns and always goes over all options. She delivered my first child and was a great help in letting me know what I had to do and what was going on at every minute. Appointments are easy enough to make, but be prepared to wait anywhere from 15 to 30 min to get taken back, for me its worth the wait.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tammela is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Karen R Tammela accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsPrevea Clinic-St Mary's, 1715 Dousman St, Green Bay, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen R Tammela in this video.
Dr. Karen R Tammela is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Green Bay, WI.