Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen M Toujouse has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I interacted with Dr. Toujouse on one occasion following an emergency surgery at South Shore Hospital. Dr. Toujouse was not the surgeon, but on call the next day. I had a burst ectopic pregnancy, lost my left fallopian tube and had to have 4 units of blood. Dr. Toujouse "evaluated" me the next day. She approached me while I was receiving a blood transfusion, I still had two IV's in me, a catheter, I hadn't walked since arriving at the hospital 15 hours before and was still very heavily medicated. The first thing Dr. Toujouse said to me was how wonderful young and healthy I was and that I could go home that day! I am 38 y.o., had just had my first surgery, lost a planned pregnancy, AND I had a severe reaction to the pain medicine prior to surgery, where I crashed and had a team of nurses and ER doctors revive me before rushing me to the operating room. I had barely processed what had happened to me, and here was this stranger complimenting me and telling me to pack up and go home. It was so unnervingly cold, I will never allow this doctor to provide me care and have asked at my practice to make note of that in my file.
Dr. Toujouse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1994
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Karen M Toujouse accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Shore Womens Health, 90 Libbey Industrial Pkwy Ste 105, East Weymouth, MA
Dr. Karen M Toujouse is similar to the following 0 Doctors near East Weymouth, MA.