Dr. Karen Toujouse Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karen Toujouse?

Posted on February 27th, 2015

Outstanding, kind and caring physician.

Post Op, emergency surgery_awful experience

Posted on November 5th, 2012

I interacted with Dr. Toujouse on one occasion following an emergency surgery at South Shore Hospital. Dr. Toujouse was not the surgeon, but on call the next day. I had a burst ectopic pregnancy, lost my left fallopian tube and had to have 4 units of blood. Dr. Toujouse "evaluated" me the next day. She approached me while I was receiving a blood transfusion, I still had two IV's in me, a catheter, I hadn't walked since arriving at the hospital 15 hours before and was still very heavily medicated. The first thing Dr. Toujouse said to me was how wonderful young and healthy I was and that I could go home that day! I am 38 y.o., had just had my first surgery, lost a planned pregnancy, AND I had a severe reaction to the pain medicine prior to surgery, where I crashed and had a team of nurses and ER doctors revive me before rushing me to the operating room. I had barely processed what had happened to me, and here was this stranger complimenting me and telling me to pack up and go home. It was so unnervingly cold, I will never allow this doctor to provide me care and have asked at my practice to make note of that in my file.

Fabulous

Posted on May 11th, 2012

I've seen Dr. Toujouse two times post missed miscarriage/D&C. She was super friendly, empathetic, and very easy to talk to. She took her time with me... not once did I feel rushed with her. I'm bummed that I have to see someone else for my next appointment!

Posted on April 22nd, 2017