Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen E Trevisan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I'm quite impressed with Wellcare. I've been depressed for decades, have seen numerous psychiatrists, and taken every drug know to man, from Imipramine to Pristiq. It's extremely disheartening to suffer with clinical depression and get no relief, sometimes additional grief, with pharmaceuticals. I imagine it is also discouraging for the prescribing pharmacist, as I've been treated, at times, as if I were intentionally not getting well. I've had outlandishly bad experiences with psychiatrists. Dr. Trevisan is an antidote to this mind-set. Responsible and diligent, she takes the time to listen to my concerns, provide astute feedback, and remind me that there are other options out there when I'm feeling discouraged. She's extremely supportive and caring; this has come across in our interactions. I am extremely fortunate to have found a psychiatrist I trust; I know it is a rare thing today. It's clear that she and her colleagues keep abreast of new advances in mental health, which I appreciate, and from which I ultimately benefit. The office works as a unified team; the atmosphere is pleasant, calming, and conducive to patients' well-being. I recommend Dr. Trevisan and Wellcare highly.
Dr. Trevisan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Karen E Trevisan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWellcare Physicians Group Llc, 100 Morse St, Norwood, MA
Dr. Karen E Trevisan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwood, MA.