Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen I Virley has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Karen I Virley has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 29
I've had a couple of appts. with Dr. Virley so far. The first visit was nothing special, very average. However the last visit I had a physical, and I felt she went above and beyond. She spent a lot of time with me, discussed my health in detail, and made suggestions and recommendations. I felt like I was in good hands.
I have been a patient of Dr. Virley's for many years and find her to be caring, candid and efficient. I am particular about my health care and she takes a few minutes to discuss any problems or diagnosis which I appreciate. It is easy to ask questions and she makes sure I understand what I need to do for myself.
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, OFFICE, DOCTOR VIRLEY OR ANY OTHER REFERRAL RELATED TO THIS OFFICE!!!! I cannot say this in strong enough terms. We, as a family with an older person that has been relegated to this lazy, incompetent and most of all, uncaring doctor, have never been subjected to such Stalinist tactics. ALL of the staff must have been trained by this Machiavellian doctor in the most efficient ways to alienate, insult, berate, discourage and finally oppose the very healthcare need of the patient. We are regularly subjected 9by that I mean every time), to surely, uncooperative, angry improperly trained staff that somehow manages to make their incompetence YOUR FAULT! You are made to feel that the very reason you came to the DOCTOR, was to, in some fashion, a direct insult to them personally, and that goes for Dr Virley as well. Tired, lazy, uncaring, rushed, unkempt, unclean, rude, antagonistic, completely deaf to the concerns of the patient and their family sums up my review of Dr. Virley and her staff. If you think this is unusual, read the reviews of others on this site!!!!!!!!
Dr. Virley IS compassionate but does not suffer fools or noncompliant patients. She takes the time to research medications before prescribing them, and she continues beyond required levels of continuing education. While the staff can be difficult, Dr Virley didn't hire them. She herself is easy to talk to and genuinely cares about her patients. I would recommend her to anyone I cared about, as I found her to be extremely competent.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1990
St Joseph Mercy Health System
Dr. Karen I Virley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLakeside Medical Associates, 12660 Riverside Dr Ste 310, Valley Village, CA
Dr. Karen I Virley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valley Village, CA.