Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen Wharton
Dr. Karen Wharton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with other offices in Richmond, VA and Richmond, VA . She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Wharton is affiliated with Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical, Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital and Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen Wharton has the following 1 specialty
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Wharton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bon Secours-Memorial Regional Medical
Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital
Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital
BON SECOURS St. Francis Medical Center
Bon Secours - St Marys Hospital Of Richmond
Bon Secours St. Mary`s Hospital
St. Francis Medical Center
St. Mary's Hospital
18 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Karen Wharton accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen Wharton in this video.
Dr. Karen Wharton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.