Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karen Y Sun has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 27
This has to be the best run office ever. Wonderful experience. The medical care I received and the follow-up care was first rate. Excellent methodologies for diagnosis and treatment of issues that many other medical doctors ignored or did not know how to deal with. I highly recommend Dr. Sun for the Bio-identical Hormone pellet and Stem Cell treatments.
I went in and specifically asked Dr. Sun if the spot on my skin is Melanoma. She smiled and said no. She did not take a biopsy nor refer me to a dermatologist. I was in an HMO and without a referall I could not see a dermatologist. At next open enrollment a few months later, I switched to PPO so I can freely visit specialists. I was still suspicious about the spot and went to see a dermatologist. It was Stage 1 Melanoma and I was schedule for surgery immediately. I could have died had I accepted her diagnosis.
Dr. Sun's office is a mill. Everyone is pushed to receive a hormone pellet, administered by an incompetent assistant. The pellet caused me to gain a bunch of weight, although Dr. Sun assured me I would not (even after I cautioned her I always gain weight with estrogen). Once she saw the blood results showing major estrogen overload a month after administering the pellet, she informed me I was "strange", because my body did not react as she expected. She does not think outside the box and one size fits all with this clinic. Also, the dimwit assistant write a prescription for prometerium instead of compounded progesterone as directed by Dr. Sun. I spent 2 weeks thinking I was losing my mind - had a horrible reaction like nothing I have ever experienced.
40 Years Experience
National Taiwan University
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Karen Y Sun accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIntegrative Wellness Center, 4 Hughes Ste 150, Irvine, CA
Dr. Karen Y Sun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.