Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karen H Zabrensky
Dr. Karen H Zabrensky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with another office in Glastonbury, CT. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Zabrensky is affiliated with Connecticut Childrens Medical Center. Dr. Zabrensky has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karen H Zabrensky has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Karen H Zabrensky has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Karen H Zabrensky is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr Zanrensky was my gyn MD for >10ys. To this day she remains the absolute best gyn MD & most skilled surgeon ever! Years prior to finally seeing DrZ I was told that my gyn issues were psychological & having babies would resolve my issues. Finally, 10 ys later I walked into her office desperate for help. She dx'ed me immediately & basically saved my life with 2 minor and 1 major necessary surgeries! She influenced my decision to become an MD and I graduated 17 yrs ago this year! Thanks Dr Z!
I have been a long time patient of Dr. Zabrensky. She is very kind and takes time to listen to concerns I may have.
Dr. Z is among the best doctors in this state. She is brilliant, highly skilled, very experienced, and accommodating. She's very business-like and professional. Per the previous comment, if you want to chat and be pampered, go see your hairdresser. If you want the best gynecological care available in Connecticut, go to Dr. Z.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Zabrensky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Karen H Zabrensky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karen H Zabrensky in this video.
Dr. Karen H Zabrensky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.