Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kari Bertrand
Dr. Kari Bertrand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gilroy, CA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Bertrand is affiliated with Saint Louise Regional Hospital, O'Connor Hospital - San Jose and Good Samaritan Hospital-LA. She speaks English.
Dr. Kari Bertrand has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Kari Bertrand has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Kari Bertrand has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Kari Bertrand is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My personal experience with this physician was absolutely unforgettable. Let me just start by saying that I am not a regular patient of Dr. Bertrand but you would have never guessed it by how she treated me and how concerned and just genuinely kind she was twords me. I met Dr. Bertrand in the Emergency room at Good Samaritan hospital, where I unfortunately suffered from a loss at 3 months pregnant. As if this were not enough for a person to handle, I started to hemorrhage. I was given a shot to try and control the bleeding but nothing seemed to work. I was scared and thought I would never be able to see my children again I was literally bleeding to death on this bed in this hospital where it seemed as tho nobody could really help me. Then came Dr. Bertrand, I will never forget how quickly she came in and comforted me and got right to diagnosing me and decided what would need to be done and within less than an hour I was takin in for a d&c which I had never had before and on top of that I had never been put to sleep before either. I was frightened and anxious but Dr. Bertrand stood by my side and made me feel as tho even tho I had never met her before that I somehow knew she would take good care of me and that I would be alright. She was and is a absolutely wonderful physician and if I do plan to have another child, Dr. Bertrand definitely will be my physician.
Dr. Bertrand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Louise Regional Hospital
O'Connor Hospital - San Jose
Good Samaritan Hospital-LA
16 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
New York University
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKari Anne Bertrand MD, 8955 El Matador Dr, Gilroy, CA
Dr. Kari Bertrand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gilroy, CA.