Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karim A Gokal MD
Dr. Karim A Gokal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alpharetta, GA, with other offices in Alpharetta, GA and Hartwell, GA (and 1 other location). He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Gokal is affiliated with Emory University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Karim A Gokal has 4 locations
5755 N Point Pkwy Ste 63
Alpharetta, GA 30022
3534 Old Milton Pkwy
Alpharetta, GA 30005
228 N College Ave
Hartwell, GA 30643
125 N Corners Pkwy
Cumming, GA 30040
Book Online Now
Dr. Karim A Gokal has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Karim A Gokal has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Karim A Gokal is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karim A Gokal - Posted on April 25th, 2015
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Gokal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Karim A Gokal Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Karim A Gokal's office for more information.
5755 N Point Pkwy Ste 63 Alpharetta, GA : (678) 366-8862
3534 Old Milton Pkwy Alpharetta, GA 30005
228 N College Ave Hartwell, GA 30643
125 N Corners Pkwy Cumming, GA 30040
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karim A Gokal is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.