Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karim Nakhgevany
Dr. Karim Nakhgevany, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Nakhgevany is affiliated with Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Aria Health-Torresdale Campus and Medical CollegePennsylvania H. He speaks English.
Dr. Karim Nakhgevany has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Karim Nakhgevany has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Karim Nakhgevany is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Nakhgevany is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Medical CollegePennsylvania H
Medical College/Pennsylvania H
Aria Health Torresdale Campus
Aria Health-Torresdale Division
Kennedy Memorial Hospitals-Cherry Hill Division
Aria Health Frankford Campus
49 Years Experience
Tehran School Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1964
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPHILADELPHIA VA MEDICAL CENTER, 3900 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Karim Nakhgevany is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.