Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karima T Causey
Dr. Karima T Causey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Collierville, TN, with another office in Cordova, TN. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Causey is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City. Dr. Causey has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Karima T Causey has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 24
she is a humble, caring, detailed doctor. she takes the time to make sure her patients understand what she has found, what she recommends and why. she listens when the patient speaks not like many who seem to already know what one has to say. she is a ray of sunshine forever and a day and we could use more like her!
I made my first appointment today to just talk about issues I am having. I was not seeking any treatment but the receptionist completely ignored that fact a tried to file a claim for car accident injuries. My insurance denies car accident injuries at first I know that. I came in only for a consultation to start. The receptionist tells me I need to call my insurance provider for a referral. I do and guess what they tell me? They stated that referrals are not required under my policy and this doctor was in network for me. The insurance company stated that they should have seen me for my consultation and I could submit my claim as needed. I try to go inside and the door was locked! They sent me away so they could have a lunch break! Really?! I call to complain about the redeptionist's obvious lazy non-listening attitude and I believe she answered the phone and told me to call back after one. WHAT A JOKE! I bet the doctors themselves are nice ladies but should consider hiring better staff.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Causey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Karima T Causey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karima T Causey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Collierville, TN.