Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karin Loukinen
Dr. Karin Loukinen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dubuque, IA, with other offices in Dubuque, IA and Galena, IL . She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Loukinen is affiliated with Finley Hospital, Mercy Medical Center - Dyersville and Genesis Medical Center, Illini Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Karin Loukinen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Loukinen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Medical Center - Dyersville
Genesis Medical Center, Illini Campus
Jackson County Public Hospital
Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque
Grant Regional Health Center
Guttenberg Municipal Hospital
Central Community Hospital
Genesis Medical Center Davenport
Genesis Medical Center - West Campus
Jackson County Public Hospital, Maquoketa, IA
Genesis Medical Center East, Davenport, IA
Southwest Health Center
Central Community Hospital, Elkader, IA
Mercy Health Center, Dubuque, IA
Midwest Regional Medical Center
Regional Medical Center of NE Iowa & Delaware Co, Manchester, IA
Finley Hosp, Dubuque, Ia
29 Years Experience
Michigan State University
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Karin Loukinen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karin Loukinen in this video.
Dr. Karin Loukinen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dubuque, IA.