Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karl E Bolstad has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Bolstad is an excellent surgeon. He is always interested in what I have to report in way of my condition and progress, takes time and never rushed, and very thorough in explaining. He performed surgeries for my Dad over the years, has performed one surgery for me and I plan a second in the very near future. Definitely a "5 star" physician.
I came in as a work comp case for a split tendon in my ankle. Dr. Bolstad's first question to me was, "Why are you here?" Keep in mind I've had a boot on for the past 2 months, which was still on my foot at the time. I didn't appreciate his lack of empathy and outright rudeness towards me. I just wanted to say, I"m in pain and in your professional help as I can't fix it! He dismissed me promptly and referred me to Wake, which I'm hoping to get a better response. It will be in my (and everyone else's) best interest to stay away from this doctor as one of the key statements that made me want to run for the hills was, "I don't know how to fix that, let me do some research"...no thanks doc I'm out of there!
46 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1972
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Karl E Bolstad accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLexington Orthopedic Clinic, 510 Emergency Dr, Lexington, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karl E Bolstad in this video.
Dr. Karl E Bolstad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, NC.