Dr. Karl Doghramji Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Karl Doghramji?

Awesome doctor

Posted on July 15th, 2014

Dr Doghramji actually listens to me. When I call the office for something to do with my meds he actually call me back and talks to me. I would recommend Dr Doghramji for any and all sleep disorders. He is a good doctor.

Narcoleptics Avoid!

Posted on March 1st, 2014

I was referred by another doc for his opinion on a medication. Instead of answering my questions he said "There is nothing I can do til you have another sleep study." He doubted my diagnosis. When I went for the sleep study I was ill, had a migraine and was having severe issues. I also took a med which he said was fine and I later found out would change the study results. Despite odd results and being told this he still doubted my diagnosis. I have since seen a TOP sleep doc and been told my original diagnosis is accurate. He will try to play your sleep disorder to some psychiatric issue. He talked more about himself then anything else stating all the work he has done, his papers and tests. I had to pay out of pocket for the study despite trying to cancel it because of the issues. This man listens to no one but himself and don't expect quick calls back either....Never got return calls on followup testing and his own peers disagreed with him. Only doc who has doubted my dx.

Posted on August 30th, 2013

I wish I would have came to this site before I selected a doctor, before I wasted my time and money on Dr. Dogramji.

Posted on September 19th, 2012

I feel for anyone who has to deal with health insurance companies, Doctors, & sickness. As I read the reviews I could see striking similarities to my own experience. I guess my biggest complaint is that this Doctor can't seem to get my facts correct & the psychiatrist portion of him wants to give a diagnosis even though he hasn't given you the 50-60 mins for a total psychiatric assessment. I explained to him numerous times that I had hypersomnia since I was 9 years old after a major illness but he wants to tell me that I have shift worker disorder b/c I work the graveyard shift for 8 years. I wasn't a shift worker when I was 10, 15, 20 years old. And, I came to his office for an appt & I had never used public transportation before & I had severe cataplexy on the bus which was extremely frightening and caused much anxiety. I think I had an appropriate response to a stressful situation. Any person riding on a bus who was losing consciousness repeatedly & had zero control over what was happening to their body physically (who was alone without a friend accompanying them)would definitely have anxiety....well, the psychiatrist part of this doctor wanted to slap a label on me saying that I had an anxiety disorder! And, this man had very little compassion for me in terms of financial limitations. He even suggested that I "get rid of your dog" so I could pay for this watch he wanted me to wear that the insurance companies are saying they'll for but then later denying payment (which would then fall upon me to pay). Too much of the psychiatrist & not enough of the sleep Doctor. I mean if he was going to give me an hour as a psychiatrist & explain my life's stressors in detail & then make an assessment....Fine by me. But, to say I have an anxiety disorder based upon having cataplexy on a bus is just illogical.

Posted on September 13th, 2012

Overall, I found this Doctor to have a poor memory with the specifics we had discussed on previous appointments. He seemed to have a large ego and "The God" complex as though he knew everything. He was very out of touch and did not have much compassion for me in terms of money restraints. I have a high co-pay & I do see more than 1 Doctor monthly + medications, etc. His bed side manner & holier than thou attitude is a turn off. No thank you.

Contradicting info/education with each appointment.

Posted on August 22nd, 2012

Initially, I was extremely impressed with Dr. Dogramji and my first appt. he appeared to be very compassionate and stated that there was absolutely no doubt about my diagnosis as the testing results were proof positive. He changed my medication dosages and the times I should be taking the medication for optimun results. He was patient and spent time educating me on my diagnosis. My next appt. Dr.Dogramji was rushed and he couldn't seem to remember the details we discussed in the first appt. And, the appt. which was 30 days later offered minimal benefit for me and considering I have a very high co-pay it seemed un-necessary. I returned multiple times every 4-6 weeks and each time Dr. Dogramji would ask me what we discussed in the last appt. and didn't seem to remember the details. The extremely frustrating component is the conflicting info he gave with each appt. For example, if he told me that I was experiencing a symptom that I did not recognize as being in conjuction with my specific diagnosis (and then I did come to realize I was experiencing that symptom after his education during the 6 weeks before the next appt)on my next appt he would tell me that I DID NOT have that symptom??? When I would ask him why he told me one thing in the last appt and then was telling me the opposite in the current appt. he'd reply, "I changed my mind". But, he had no memory of all the things he told me before. He rushed me thru the last appt. and and (ofcourse) told me the complete opposite of what he told me in the last appt. I was telling this to my friend who suggested that maybe an appt before lunch would be best because it sounded like too many martinis after lunch with an afternoon appt. Yes, he has over 2 decades of experience but he is just too inconsistent from appt to appt.

Dr Karl is world rebound for a reason

Posted on August 3rd, 2012

He is on time, caring, thorough, and most of all an awesome diagnostitian. I had a sleep problem that no one out of the 4 pther doctors coud figure out. Dr. D had it down and fixed in 3 visits. He is the BEST

Posted on September 19th, 2011

I made an appointment with Karl Doghramji, chief of staff for (according to Philadelphia Magazine) Thomas Jefferson Hospitals spanking new Sleep Center. When I made this first appointment I asked if I could mail ahead my extensive records and I was told Doghramji would tell me what was needed during my evaluation. On my first appointment, Doghramji explained he could not do anything because he did not have my records. My next appointment was scheduled two months ahead. On that appointment, Doghramji explained he could do very little because he had not read my records. He did remove me from most of my medication and prescribed a new drug, Horizant, a derivative of Gabapentin, even though I explained that Gabapentin had been totally ineffective. My next appointment, another two month wait.My restless leg became a nightmare within a week of my change in medication. My fourteen calls to Doghramji, over a two week period, were ignored. Doghramji did nothing for me but worsen my condition. It will take months to balance my medication and get my RLS under control again.I do not know if Doghramji suffers from the TJU condescending attitude and smugness you experience with most of their staff physicians or if he is just a bad doctor on a power trip because he runs a spanking new sleep center. I dont really care. I am glad there is a forum available to warn others. RLS is a painful condition that robs you of sleep and eventually your life. The physical and emotional pain does not need to be compounded by this doctor.

Posted on June 5th, 2016