The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karl E Grunewald has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Karl E Grunewald has the following 6 expertise
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Varicose Veins
Dr. Karl E Grunewald has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 8
At the age of 51 I suffered a heart attack and had a quadruple by pass done by Dr.. Grunewald at Hahnemann Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Grunewald was so calm and that put me at ease at our first meeting. He performed my by pass and fortunately at age 72 I am still doing well. I attribute my excellent recovery and my continued good heart health to having had an excellent surgeon and the aftercare in the hospital. I know Dr. G. would not remember me, but I wanted him to know that his expertise has afforded me these 21 years of joyful life. Thank you and best wishes to him.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
38 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Karl E Grunewald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCrozer-Chester Medical Center, 1 Medical Center Blvd, Chester, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karl E Grunewald in this video.
Dr. Karl E Grunewald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chester, PA.