Dr. Karl Gundersen Is this you?

3.8

Very Good Psychiatrist

Posted on April 29th, 2014

My 3 children have been going to Dr. G for 2-1/2 years, after switching from a very well known popular psychiatrist who wasn't helping at all. Dr. G changed prescriptions totally immediately and for the first time in my daughter's life we were not having meltdowns every 3 days. He is reserved, however, we got to know him very well and he has a wonderful sense of humor. He always takes the time to answer my questions and that of my children. My children really like him and they don't like any doctor easily. His staff has always been pleasant and helpful and have gone the extra mile for my family a number of times. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

I'm Mom to 2 patients

Posted on June 18th, 2013

Dr. G. is an excellent diagnostician and knows his meds in and out. Psychiatrists these days are basically reduced to prescription providers because insurance won't let them spend any real time with their patients. I find this abhorrent. And if we ever needed extra time, we were never rushed. We have 8 years experience with Dr. G. and always found him to be responsive to our needs. He listens carefully to what I say about my 2 children. He is very quiet & seemingly withdrawn & this takes some getting used to. (The reviewer who said he is heartless has taken NO time to get to know him, or his staff. We don't all gush.) But it was easy to develop trust with each other - I did my homework and he recognized how helpful I could be. I LOVE his staff. It's a pretty informal place, which I appreciate. My children love the staff, too - they are so kind.

mother

Posted on October 29th, 2012

First off I wanted to say Dr Gunderson did prescrib the correct medication for my son. There has been significant changes in him since his medication has been change. The rececptionist was not professional at all. She was polite but she was eating candy while trying to have a conversation with me. I think the waiting room could've been cleaned up a bit to show professionalism. As far as Gunderson he is very dry but seemed to be right on with the medication he has given my son.

horrible office staff can't ever get through to talk to someone.

Posted on September 27th, 2011

Posted on July 5th, 2010

Worst Psychiatrist ever. Would NEVER recommend this heartless, lifeless person.

Horrible

Posted on October 7th, 2009

All he did was prescribe medications for her. He barely saw her. He would have her on all sorts of cocktails of drugs. He heart would speed. He even diagnosed asperger's and we are not sure on that.He needs to be reported.

Posted on April 30th, 2016