Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karl J Hasik has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Karl J Hasik has the following 12 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Karl J Hasik has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
When having my first baby of seven, Dr. Hasik was my doctor. I had a scheduled induction of which I admit being 30 minutes late. When Dr. Hasik came into the room he berated me for being late telling me that the 30 minutes would cost him 2.5 to 3 hours, meaning that I wouldn't deliver till late. He explained that he had a party that evening and because of me he would miss it. He shamed me as I lay in the hospital bed already hours into the stay. At mid afternoon I remember telling myself to sleep and really make progress while I slept, as I was anxious all day over it.. He woke me up and stated he would break my water to get things going faster. It was too early, but I did progress faster. I delivered my first child after a very determined labor at 7:28 pm. He quickly left afterwards. My baby stayed in the hospital for 4 days on iv antibiotics. I went home in tears without my baby! The placenta was delivered with a fever, although the baby was perfect. Two pregnancies later I learned from his previous associate that breaking the water too early causes the placenta to fever, "and we don't want that!" I felt the Dr. Hasik had rude and just plain awful bedside manner. He was selfish and self-centered. I hope you have learned to love the patient and put the mommies before yourself Dr. Hasik since 1990. You tarnished what could of a more beautiful life experience. And, what do you know, women don't forget things like this.
Well I had a an appointment to get a Mirana placed. Have insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield, which the nurses all told me that the Mirana will be covered by my insurance company. So I decided to get it. Well after I had the procedure I got a bill from the doctors office for $900. I was very upset, not only did they say my insurance would cover it, they assured me that people that have the same coverage through my employer have had the same procedure. So at that time I was going through a divorce and had filed bankrupt, I had added Dr. Hasiks doctor bill to my bankruptcy. Now a year later am having problems with my Mirana. Called to make an appointment and they said that I have to pay $247 for my doctors visit because they dont know if my insurance will cover it. Not sure what kind of scam there running up there, but Im going to the health office for now on! And get this the health office has the cheapest birth control in town.
39 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Karl J Hasik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsCrawford County Memorial Hospital, 100 Medical Pkwy, Denison, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karl J Hasik in this video.
Dr. Karl J Hasik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Denison, IA.