- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karl A Illig
Dr. Karl A Illig, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Temple Terrace, FLttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery. Dr. Illig is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital. Dr. Illig has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Karl A Illig has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Karl A Illig has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Karl A Illig has the following 18 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Carotid Stenosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Dr. Karl A Illig is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karl A Illig - Posted on April 30th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karl A Illig - Posted on April 26th, 2018
Husband in disbelief
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karl A Illig - Posted on November 4th, 2016
I showed up on time at 10:30 for a noon surgery. After waiting two hours, in the waiting room my husband called over a passing nurse to ask what was going on. 20 min later a nurse comes by and I ask what the problem was and she said they are falling behind. I get into pre-op and Dr. Illig comes in with an attitude telling me I was nasty to his staff. I told him I wasn't, I just wanted to know what the problem was. He in turn acted rude to me telling me he might not want to do the surgery now. My husband spoke up calmly saying I wasn't rude, I never raised my voice, I never used bad language. He said I was a little cranky because I haven't eaten in over 12 hours now, but affirmed I was only asking questions. Dr. Illig then badgered me, got me crying and upset then said well now we can't do surgery and stormed out. My husband was in disbelief. I got dressed and we walked out and filed a complaint with the hospital patient advocate and the administration. I don't know what his problem is, but he has no bedside manner and cares more for his young nurses than his patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karl A Illig - Posted on June 7th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Karl A Illig - Posted on May 10th, 2015
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Illig is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Karl A Illig accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Karl A Illig
I grew up in Rochester, New York and, apart from four years at Harvard and four years at Cornell Medical College, I have been here my entire life. Like all in our group, I put the patient first and pride myself in being especially focused on explaining exactly what's going on. My areas of clinical interest include treatment of aneurysms, treatment of carotid stenosis, and dealing with thoracic outlet syndrome. The University of Rochester has an extraordinarily well-respected educational program in Vascular Surgery, and I pride myself in continuing to lead this group.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Karl A Illig, MD - Vascular Surgery in Tampa, FL, in this video.
Dr. Karl A Illig is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Tampa, FL.