Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karl K Kaplan
Dr. Karl K Kaplan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Hills, CA, with another office in Mission Hills, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kaplan is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center, UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Saint John's Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Karl K Kaplan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 24
Long time patient 2+ with the Dr Kaplan. He is a great guy however he is showing signs of burnout with Lakeside. It take 2 months (no joke) to see him and unless its literally life or death, his assistant Tabitha is rude and snarky, and he is very quick to refer out for almost everything. Bottom line go elsewhere.
Not only did the doctor always want to look at my 'hearts' (and yes, he actually said that!) whenever I came in for whatever reason, he misdiagnosed my hypothyroidism even though the LAB TECH CIRCLED MY ELEVATED TSH on my last. Basically he told me the gaining 65 lbs, the lethargy, the hair loss, poor memory, exhaustion and dry skin were because I was depressed. He gave me prozac and sent me home to cry in my bed. Luckily a friend referred me to another doc who looked at my symptoms and labs and got me on the correct protocol. This guy even had the nerve to call me after I requested my records be transferred and ask why. He's an idiot at best and dangerous at worst.
Dr. Kaplan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Karl K Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karl K Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Hills, CA.