Dr. Karl K Wehner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Karl K Wehner?

Wonderful Man

When my child was in NICU, he would call the hospital in the middle of the night (1 am) to check on her. He kept me well informed on what was going on and what his recommended options were, and didn't do anything without consulting me first. Follow up appointments were great as well. He listened to all of my concerns and would tell me whether I needed to worry or wait it out. He and his team have been nothing but great to our family.

Dr. Wehner is just a wonderful pedi dr. I have used him since my 1st daughter was born. She is now 17. He never questions what I want done if my child is sick. He has been a lot of help with my youngest daughter being sick the last month or so.

New Parents Proceed With Caution

Whether is meant or not, if there is a chance a condition is serious or not, we left his office feeling scared to death for our week old baby. And after our baby went through at least three catheters resulting in no urine over the course of 24 hours, He did not see any of our worry or how much our baby went through and we got a noncompliant statement filed with the state just to get the urine. Shortly after we were able to get the urine after switching drs.

Mindy

My three year old daughter is horrible at the doctor's office, but Dr. Wehner is always very patient with her. He is also great with my 11 month old also. Very easy to talk to and takes the time to talk to you.

An absolute "Angel" of a Doctor

Dr Wehner has been our pediatrician now for 2 1/2 years. My daughter is now almost 3 and I will never use another pediatrician again. I live 2-3 hours from San Angelo and the first time I ever took my daughter to Dr. Wehner she was 3 months old. I had just been told by local doctors where I live that all the test they had run, revealed that my daughter had pyloric stenosis and that they would be airlifting her to San Antonio for surgery. I called my mother in law who lived in San Angelo at the time and she informed me that I needed a second opinion and that I needed to sign release papers and get up to San Angelo ASAP. My mother in law had called Dr. Wehner's office and explained what was going on and they agreed to see me as soon as I got to San Angelo. When I arrived Dr Wehner walked in the room and asked a couple questions and then he informed me that he was going to take my daughter to another room and draw spinal fluid and that she would be back in 5. Less than 5 Dr Wehner real calmly walked back in and room holding my daughter and informed me that he was going to be admitting my daughter into the hospital. As tired and stressed as I was (I was a nervous wreck), Dr Wehner wrapped my daughter up and walked her across the street himself and admitted her into the hospital. Turns out that what all the other doctors had been miss diagnosing as pyloric senosis (commonly seen in first born males) ended up being viral meningitis. I trust this man whole heartedly with my child and will with all my children to come. Dr. Wehner is a real hero in my book.

Dr. Wehner was my (4) children's pediatrician and is now my grandchildren's pediatrician.He goes above and beyond what is expected and has maintained a wonderful personal caring side that is very comforting to a new mother.Thank you for being such an exceptional Dr.