Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Karla T Jurvetson has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Karla T Jurvetson has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Karla T Jurvetson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karla T Jurvetson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Jurvetson has been very helpful at effectively treating my OCD. I have seen her since 1996 and I drive over an hour each way to her office. Earlier we worked on my contamination fears with behavioral therapy, and now I'm just seeing her for medication management since my OCD is much better now. She is warm, dedicated and caring.
Dr. Jurveston put me at ease immediately, since this was my first visit to a psychiatrist. She asked me a variety of questions but did so in a gentle manner which I appreciated. I felt comfortable enough to reveal parts of my past that I had not shared with anyone and she listened without judgement. She offered thoughtful suggestions and we have a follow- up appointment in a week. I highly recommend Dr. Jurveston to anyone in need of a sincere, smart and thoughtful psychiatrist.
Dr Jurvetson asks few than 3 questions and jumped to a general and inaccurate diagnosis. Her bedside manner was cold, distant, shrill. She had the audacity to admit she wanted to zip through our meeting so she could be on time for her hair stylist. She rejected my hand upon exit and there was no follow up.
San Mateo County General Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKarla Tinklenberg Jurvetson Md, 350 2nd St Ste 4, Los Altos, CA
Dr. Karla T Jurvetson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Altos, CA.