Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Karla G Kennedy has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Karla G Kennedy has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Karla G Kennedy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Karla G Kennedy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 22
Dr. Kennedy is fabulous. She's been my doc for 20 years, and I would never consider seeing anyone else. When I was pregnant, she recognized that I had a rare condition that could have resulted in a "bad outcome" had it gone undiagnosed. She took the time to explain it, and took the necessary precautions. Both of my children were fine as the result of her knowledge and excellent care. I never feel like Dr. Kennedy is in a rush to see me and move on to the next patient. She always takes the time to ask me about my children, both delivered by her, and is genuinely interested in hearing about life since my last visit. Dr. Kennedy is personable, knowledgeable, and thorough; I love her!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Karla G Kennedy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Care Specialists, 2006 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Ste 600, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Karla G Kennedy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.