Dr. Karnail Dhillon Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Karnail Dhillon?

Everything a psychiatrist should be!

Posted on April 12th, 2017

I recently started seeing Dr. Dhillon and I cannot really say enough positive things about him. He is friendly, easy to talk to, and genuinely cares about his patients. My first appointment with him was just for med refills, but he asked if I minded him doing a full evaluation for his records. I had time that day so I agreed and felt that a reevaluation would be good just to confirm diagnoses I had previously been given (which he did feel were accurate). He did raise some concerns about the combination of medications I was on. This is something that I had run into on other occasions when listing my medications for other doctors so I knew the concerns were valid and asked him what we could do to safely make adjustments. He gave me his opinions, but still allowed me to have a say in how we would go about it. But the end of the appointment, I was comfortable with the plan we had come up with and very impressed that he took the time to really get to know me as a patient and helped me make decisions to further improve my mental and overall health. I will say this: if your goal is simply to try and get your hands on mass amounts of addictive prescription drugs, find another doctor because Dr. Dhillon won't have any of that. He cares about his patients' wellbeing for not only the short term, but long term as well. He is not a pill pusher and wants to make sure people are being prescribed only what they need and what is safest for them.

Unprofessional

Posted on November 19th, 2015

Dr Dhillon was not willing to suggest any other medications for my some once I told him about my concerns with the current medications. When I called to schedule an appointment today he told me I had a past due bill which I wasn't aware of. When I tried to make arrangements to pay he asked how I was going to pay for the meds if I couldn't pay for the visit! I am outraged! I already wasn't feeling great about him but now I will NEVER go back and I will make sure that others know how he treats his patients. I have been going to him for 2 years now but that all ends today!

Please...I beg of you...seek another psychiatrist

Posted on December 13th, 2014

I have recently been seeing Dr. Dhillon for the past six months for my 12 year old daughter. The only reason we went to him in the first place was because he was under our insurance plan and he was accepting new patients. I feel so wounded after our last appointment and was absolutely astounded when this man started yelling at me not one time but three times during a 20 minute visit...I had to appease him several times for him to gain his composure. He threw down his pen on his desk and yelled at me. Not only was I shocked, but then he has misdiagnosed my daughter and absolutely refuses to see anything other than what it wants to see. My daughter is scared to death of him. He has a very heavy accent and his very difficult to understand. He does have a very scary god-like persona that I would beg of you to stay clear of if you do not want to become dependent on this man. It's time I sought better professional care for my daughter and get out of this dangerous man's way. Not only that but he is impossible to reach when needed for emergencies. I had six different numbers for him alone... and two worked with only a call back message.

Rude employees, unprofessional psychiatrist.

Posted on October 13th, 2014

One of his employees( the office manager of all people) violated the HIPPA laws by listening in to my entire conversation with him(in which I discussed briefly how frustrated I was that his employees change peoples appointments without telling them, and then accept no responsibility for it) then, I’m not even kidding, she stormed into the office and starting berating me, using derogatory language, calling me a liar and severely invading my personal space. I actually had to gently shove her aside to leave the office, as dr. Dhillon sat there dumbfounded, doing absolutely nothing to reprimand an employee’s disgusting actions. He also never prescribes the correct amount of medication, which is a problem in and of itself even if my scheduled appointments were being kept, which they are not. So he’s also putting lives in danger with his obvious inability to count, or hire competent employees.

Kind and compassionate

Posted on June 3rd, 2014

After reading reviews prior to my first appointment, I seriously considered canceling and seeking another doctor. Ultimately, I felt I should give it a chance. I found Dr. Dhillon to be exactly the opposite of what others had described and I have a very difficult time understanding how it can be true. Dr. Dhillon was nothing but kind and compassionate and a true professional. After assessment of my situation, he provided sound advice and amazing insight to help me begin the journey to good health. I did not have much contact with the office staff, but what interaction I did have, I found to be very courteous and accommodating. It was only one visit, but yes, first impressions mean a lot. I look forward to partnering with Dr. Dhillon to reach my goals.

Wonderful and professional

Posted on January 4th, 2014

I have nothing but beautiful things to say about Dr.Dhillon. His approach is fair, professional, compassionate and kind. I have been seeing him for two years and have never had any negative issues with the doctor or his staff. My impression is that he is firm, yet dedicated to his patients and the goals that we all set together. He is incredibly bright, brilliant and caring and I would recommend him to anyone who needed a wonderful healthcare professional.

AMAZING

Posted on November 18th, 2013

I am so shocked reading these reviews I felt I had to share my experience Dr Dhillon is amazing he is so kind and compassionate I always feel as though he listens and I appreciate that he sees me each month. I know he did just go on a month vaca which he made sure I was informed of and had a refill on my med so I would be covered in his absence. I have been seeing Dr Dhillon for over 4 years and he has never abandoned me as one review stated. Dr Dhillon is an honest caring Dr that wants his patients lives to improve and with his guidance mine has. I highly recommend him and his staff is also great never have I been treated poorly by anyone in his office I'm fact I have witnessed many patients walkin for appointments when I have been in the waiting area and they are never turned away but rather always worked in none if my other Drs have ever done that. His pricing is so cheap compared to others he really understands that not everyone has ins and wants to make sure that even without insurance you will receive care. I just felt I had to share what a great Dr he truly is after seeing these reviews.

Dr Dhillon is horrible!

Posted on October 2nd, 2013

first of all I've seen dhillon for the last couple years, not only is he mean and yells at you but tells you things about how you look and puts you down. the last straw was when he went on vacation and had no one covering for him for a MONTH! I called my PCP and she told me this is illegal and called "patient abandonment" needless to say I was told to go to the ER for my meds and too bad so sad. Dr dhillon does NOT care about his patients, he only cares about getting paid, awful...

Very wise and kind

Posted on September 17th, 2013

I am so thankful to have been this Doctor's patient for at least six years before I recently moved out of state. I had seen several psychiatrists before but I clicked with this one on the first visit which was In the hospital after a suicide attempt. He listened to me and then told me things about myself that were all on point. He believed me. This doctor saved my life. I would and have recommended him to others. He is very intelligent and knows what he is doing.

Bewildered

Posted on September 11th, 2013

What I would tell a friend is to stay the h--- away from him. He has a terrible temper- not the first impression one would expect. He is arrogant and condescending and treats you like a second-class citizen. His accent is strong, but nobody needs a translator for his tone. If you have a request or concern about insurance or days supply then his reply is , "...that is how other doctors do it , but this is MY PRACTICE." I've worked with arrogant practitioners before, but this one beats them all. It's no wonder it was easy to get in for an appointment-he most likely loses them after their first appointment. I may be crazy, but not crazy enough to go back to him!

mean,temper and wants to argue

Posted on June 1st, 2013

Doesn't listen, will tell u get outta past this is the future.well if I thought correctly I wouldn't be seeing him.....no good

My experience....

Posted on October 11th, 2012

For the first time I felt I was being listened too. I explained the medications and my reactions. We made adjustments and I am feeling better. I like the fact he asks direct probing questions and cares what the answers are. I have learned something new each time I visit with him. I enjoy our sessions. I have referred many people at my work, family and friends to him.