The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Karuna Shekdar
Dr. Karuna Shekdar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Phoenixville, PA and Philadelphia, PA (and 8 other locations). She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Neuroradiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Shekdar is affiliated with Hospital of the University of PA, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian. She speaks English.
Dr. Karuna Shekdar has the following 2 specialties
Neuroradiologists focus specifically on diagnosing conditions related to the nervous system, spine, head and neck through radiology. They can identify abnormalities in these areas and help doctors properly diagnose the presence of tumors, aneurysms and even dementia.
It’s also common for them to consult with patients with persistent headaches or back pains, trauma to a certain area, or any issue that can affect brain function, such as a stroke. Like any radiologist, they are trained to perform x-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds and MRIs, but they work closely with neurologists and neurosurgeons.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Shekdar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hospital of the University of PA
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Presbyterian Medical Center Of The University Of Pennsylvania Health System
21 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Karuna Shekdar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Karuna Shekdar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.