Dr. Katarina Allman Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Katarina Allman?

Posted on September 13th, 2017

While her care is satisfactory, She cannot run an efficient office operation. Patients are not seen at or near appointment time. Wait times off 30 minutes to two hours are fairly common.

Fantastic doctor, horrible staff.

Posted on January 31st, 2017

The doctor and nurse practitioner are fantastic, the office staff is the entire problem. No one working in the office has any idea how to complete paperwork in a timely or accurate manner. Zero customer service skills, I would not recommend this practice to anyone.

good doctor

Posted on October 14th, 2016

Have seen both Dr. Allman and her nurse practitioner. Both seemed very concerned with my medical conditions. Wait can be a little long but otherwise I am very happy with the care I receive.

Ms.

Posted on September 27th, 2016

I went in with multiple issues, because I'm not the best at going to the doctor and was looking for a family doctor who would be as invested in my health as I am. I assumed I would be seeing Dr. Allman, yet was told when I got back to the exam room that I'd be seeing her CRNP, Davis (I think is his name?) Anyways, he was abrasive, fast talking, rude, and didn't seem to give one crap about me or what I was dealing with. He rushed through the whole thing and told me that we couldn't fix all my problems today. And I understand that, but I'm there to let you know what all is going on and that I think it may all be related and wanted to feel like for the first time in years we could get a handle on things, but he made me feel like I'd interrupted his day and was a waste of his time. Unfortunately I have to go back for my lab results and ekg findings, which were both bad news, but after that, I will be looking for another doctor.

I will recommend Dr. Allman

Posted on January 8th, 2016

I don't like invasive medical screenings or procedures unless I deem them necessary (colonoscopy, mammograms, immunizations, etc). She discussed each with me and then said it was my decision, my body. She said she'd give me health information with each visit, then it was my decision which to proceed with. For instance, as an alternative to a colonoscopy, she recommended a stool sample and a DNA test (I don't know the exact name of it) that costs about $500 (covered by medicare, but not most insurance companies she said) that was good for about 3 yrs, and non-invasive, that would identify colon cancer risks - she said this was probably the wave of the future. She is very healthy looking, very pleasant, and has a well-organized office and staff, that keeps to her schedule. She spent a long time with me getting to know me, asking questions, giving advice, and inspecting me. All their records are electronic, and as we spoke, another person typed everything that was said, and followed her to and from the room with the lap top. Anyway, I am just sharing because I am always looking for a good doctor that isn't trying to intimidate me into doing things I refuse to do.

Posted on January 4th, 2016

Has appointments every 3 months and blood work done each time. When there is not really an issue to be concerned with. Running unnecessary tests just to get you back in there for the money.

Staff needs a lot of improvement

Posted on December 4th, 2015

I really like Dr. Allman. She's very thorough and will leave no stone unturned when it comes to assessing your medical condition. Her staff can be a little more professional, and more responsive to the needs of the patient. I've gone over to the lab in preparation for my visit and the orders weren't there after being promised that they would be there. Incomplete lab orders required multiple visits to the lab. No one other than a registered Nurse should contact the patient with lab results; medical assistants can't answer test result-related questions. Things happen and I get it, nothing's perfect. But too many minor mistakes, built up over a period of time, will solicit mixed or negative reviews for the "staff" of a Dr that is an excellent doctor in my opinion. I hope these reviews are taken seriously and I notice improvements in the future. Reviews are generally favorable towards Dr. Allman but not so much for her staff; they don't represent Dr. Allman very well.

Similar experience to the negative reviews below.

Posted on September 17th, 2015

Three times in a row the wait has been 1.5 hours. I also agree that there seem be an excessive amount of follow up visits. I have also had similar experience with the staff. Example, not scheduling test at off site facilities. Once, they used a lab that didn't accept my insurance and I ended up paying $500 out of pocket. I trust Dr. Allman provides competent medical care, but the staff alone and the excessive wait times are enough for me to switch to another doctor.

Posted on February 19th, 2015

The office never calls you after you have had tests done. I am still waiting for results 2 weeks later. Their response when you are sick is "go the emergency room". Why do I have this lady as my doctor then? Only to see when I am well?

Posted on October 25th, 2014

Yes, I would choose Dr Allman again. Very thorough and spends adequate time each visit. I would recommend her to my friends.

Nope

Posted on September 8th, 2014

I've been to Dr. Allman several times, each time I have had wait at least an hour before being taken back and then its still another 30+ min before the Dr. comes in. There have 2 occasions in which the wait was 2 and 3 hours. The diagnosis are occasionally on par but usually requires multiple follow up ($$) visits.

Patient

Posted on August 1st, 2014

Waited for over an hour. She suggested all kids of tests including stress test. I am not sure where this came from since I came for a refill. It is a shame that she is trying to make extra money from unnecessary tests.