Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kate Mayes has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Dermal Fillers
Showing 5 of 42
Being her Kate Mayes office was a nightmare to me! I worked there for two days and all she wanted to do was clean like I was a maid! Don't get me wrong it is important to have your business nice and clean but it's more important to take care of your patients. She didn't pay me for my hours worked it was about 24 hours she was the worse person one could meet!
Dr. Mayes is not a good or bad doctor she is a person who just like all of us has good and bad days. Sometimes I wonder if the fact she is smart,beautiful and caring makes those who could chose to go else where just want to complain over nothing. Aiken is full of small and narrow minded people who only accept those whom they view as acceptable. Her education shows her smarts. If she was so uncapable of proper patient care she would have not graduated with her grades. Find another doctor.
There are definitely some serious mental issues going on with Dr. Mayes. She jumped up during our conversation to speak with her office manager about some unimportant issue. Was practically incoherent at one point. She was using her computer while listening to me and it WAS not entering information about Me into the computer. She was surfing the web! To think that she injects botox and prescribes medication is frightening.
Dr. Mayes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Aiken Regional Medical Centers
Dr. Kate Mayes accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions223 Park Ave SE, Aiken, SC
Dr. Kate Mayes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Aiken, SC.