Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kate E Salvatore MD
Dr. Kate E Salvatore, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Princeton, NJ. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. She speaks English.
Dr. Kate E Salvatore has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Kate E Salvatore has the following 12 expertise
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Kate E Salvatore is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Kate Salvatore
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kate E Salvatore - Posted on August 10th, 2016
I saw Dr Salvatore back at McCosh Health Center in Princeton. It's been ... six years? since I last saw her, since I moved on graduation, but I'll never forget how kind she was, nor the positive impact she made on my mental health. If you've been nervous about seeing someone, or even if you're just looking for a new doctor, Dr Salvatore is a great choice.
Simply the Best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kate E Salvatore - Posted on July 26th, 2011
22 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1997
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Kate E Salvatore Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Kate E Salvatore's office for more information.
20 Nassau St Princeton, NJ : (609) 688-0086
Locations & DirectionsKATE ELIZABETH SALVATORE MD, 20 Nassau St, Princeton, NJ
Dr. Kate E Salvatore is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Princeton, NJ.