Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katharine Obrien
Dr. Katharine Obrien, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Obrien is affiliated with University Medical Center Brackenridge, Seton Medical Center Austin and Seton Shoal Creek Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Katharine Obrien has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
As self-centered as they come. Couldn't take a different perspective to the point of being rude (threatened) when asked intelligent questions about my wife's treatment.
Hello, I apologize for your experience. I will visit with the doctor and the Clinic Manager to discuss your concerns. I hope you will grant us another opportunity so we can provide you with utmost customer service at ARC. Please contact ARC’s Provider and Patient Relations Manager, Robin E. at 512-231-5500 if you would like to further discuss your concerns.
I very picky about Doctors as my grandfather and several uncles are in the field. I highly recommend Dr. O'Brien to all my friends and family. She has a practical and no-nonsense approach to care, which I enjoy. She smiles, educates, and lays out the options, which is what I prefer from a Doctor. Further, she is not married to the strict medical model but appreciates all avenues of healing, which is why I trust her knowledge far more than that of other doctors. She researched and correctly diagnosed what was wrong with my mother after numerous misdiagnoses from other doctors and hospitals--now that's commitment. And several times she helped us thin out the cocktail of meds the staff doctor from the nursing home kept trying to give her.
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Medical Center Brackenridge
Seton Medical Center Austin
Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
Seton Medical Center Williamson
Seton Highland Lakes Hospital
Seton Southwest Healthcare Center
Saint David's Rehabilitation Hospital
Seton Edgar B. Davis
Seton Northwest Hospital
Daughters of Charity Seton Highland Lake
18 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1995
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Locations & DirectionsAustin Regional Clinic, 10401 Anderson Mill Rd, Austin, TX
Dr. Katharine Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.