Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katherine A Abbott has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Birth Control
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Abbott came and saw us every day at Fair Oaks Hospital after our baby was born.This was my first baby and I had so many questions. She really took time with me. After we went home we still had questions. The triage line was great. I recommend her highly. She is great and so is the rest of the staff at Creatwood Pediatrics.
Lacks bedside manner (rude), lack of care, and disregards her patiences needs. Started with her not showing up at the hospital or sending another doctor for our sons first examine as a newborn. It went on from there to be a series of misguided & under informed appts. Our biggest challenge with her was we had questions. When we posed a question to her to better understand our son's care, it was as if we were questioning her abilities and she would hand us a pamphlet or some website. She spoke in a very condescending tone. We had questions regarding immunizations due to an allergy concern. She begrudgingly allowed me to ask questions and then told us he had to receive all shots in 1 day. Out of concern we asked to space out the shots over a couple days/weeks and were told to find a new Dr. BEST appointment ever with her ever. That day we found a GREAT doctor who cares for our son more effectively and with kid gloves. You should read other ratings pages..most of her ex-patients also comment on her lack of caring or conern for her patients. She is very clinical.
Childrens National Medical Center
Dr. Katherine A Abbott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCrestwood Pediatric Associates Pc, 10623 Crestwood Dr, Manassas, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Katherine A Abbott in this video.
Dr. Katherine A Abbott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Manassas, VA.