More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katherine A Blackmon has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Katherine A Blackmon has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Katherine A Blackmon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Katherine A Blackmon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Blackmon is by far the best pediatritian I have met. We have moved many times as my husband is in the military and I will travel to continue using her if we love again. She is very intelligent and always has a smile on her face. When my youngest became very sick she helped ease my mind and talk me through every step of the way. I am forever grateful for her positive attitude, kind heart, and her intelligence.
Dr Blackmon is very nice and I have no problem with her as a pediatrician. The office is only open for a half day on Fridays and twice now (over the course of about 18 months) I have called first thing on Friday and have been told to go to the emergency room or to after hours. The girl at the window and who usually answers the phone is extremely rude, and has been every single time I have been there. After moving here from overseas, I had not received my insurance card yet, but had taken the time to call the insurance company and get the numbers that the office needed ( I am a pharmacist myself so I know something about what the office needs for billing). You would have thought I had spit in her face when I told her that I did not have an insurance card for them to copy. She huffed and puffed and after a much friendlier nurse from the back got involved, everything was fine. I let it go and thought maybe she was having a bad day, etc. She is either rude or at minimum unfriendly every time I have been there (about 5 times). I really like Dr Blackmon, she is smart and caring. So ridiculous that the office would allow staff to be rude and to have such inconvenient hours at a pediatricians office.
Dr. Katherine A Blackmon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKids First Pediatrics, 1618 Mars Hill Rd Ste B, Watkinsville, GA
Dr. Katherine A Blackmon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Watkinsville, GA.