Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katherine S English has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
Showing 5 of 24
We have been taking our 5 year old son to her since he was 6 months old. She has been wonderful! She helped us with his very bad eczema when he was a infant. He had a rash on his mouth when he was a toddler for 6 months that his regular doctor could not figure out. It took her all of 15 seconds of looking at it to know what it was (it was not something that is often heard of!). She is incredibly pleasant and we have had nothing but great experiences with her over 4.5 years. It is hard to find a doctor with such a great demeanor!
I had a noon appointment. At 12:30 PM I was still in the waiting room so I asked the receptionist how long it would be, she said Dr. English was running behind and there were two people in waiting rooms for her to see even before I would get back there. She couldn't give me a time because it depended on what Dr. English was doing with each patient.Needless to say I left. I would have been a new patient but from what experienced and from what I'm reading this is typical of the wait time at messenger dermatology and that's not acceptable for me. Doctors should be respectful of a patient's wait time just as they want us to be respectful and be to our appointment on time if not earlier! There was a lady that had been there before I was, she had already waited an hour and was still in the reception area. I won't be going back!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2011, 2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
17 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Katherine S English accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGregory G Messenger Md Pllc, 1515 Lake Lansing Rd Ste A, Lansing, MI
Dr. Katherine S English is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lansing, MI.