Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine Kotcherian
Dr. Katherine Kotcherian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palatine, IL, with other offices in Arlington Heights, IL and Arlington Heights, IL (and 6 other locations). She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kotcherian is affiliated with Northwest Community Hospital, Holy Family Medical Center and Lutheran General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine Kotcherian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Dr. Kotcherian is an 'ok' doctor. If you have something simple to deal with i.e., bronchitis, pink eye, strep throat etc., then she knows what to do. She is poorly informed about alternative treatments and seems to have very limited knowledge of specialists in the Chicagoland area. She is rather cold and will not even acknowledge your presence in the hallway if she sees you. She spends about 5 minutes with her patients and will cut you off in mid sentence when she feels that you are wasting her time. If you don't do things her way or if you question her about her treatments then she doesn't seem to want anything to do with you. We wonder which drug companies she is getting kickbacks from???
Dr. Kotcherian is really caring and personal. She will order all the necessary tests and send you to specialists when needed.
Dr. Kotcherian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northwest Community Hospital
Holy Family Medical Center
Lutheran General Hospital
Holy Family Hospital
16 Years Experience
Rush Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Katherine Kotcherian accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Katherine Kotcherian in this video.
Dr. Katherine Kotcherian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palatine, IL.