Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katherine L Austin has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 16
I just read her reviews, here, and also found Dr. Austin to be very deceptive. She did not follow through with the plan of care which she proposed. I was also told, by her, that she had a lot of experience in the particular area for which I saw her. I followed her treatment plan, and when she had failed to improve my condition, and actually created more problems, she became like a different person. Her usual smiles and confident words at many appointments, were suddenly replaced by her claim that she was just an internist, and I should have been seeing a specialist instead. So why did she say she was capable, had lots of experience in the area, and had many other patients she was treating for the same problem? She took a year of my life, and I allowed it because she continued to say she knew what she was doing, and she smiled and kept misleading me. When I politely asked her why did she take me as her patient, and then why after a horrible year suffering was she just getting around to telling me that she's not a specialist in the area? If a specialist had been required, why didn't she tell me before accepting me and assuring me and my family that she was so well experienced, (etc). She blurted, "I'm not going to discuss it!" She seemed extremely rash, claimed she had "too many patients" and that I didn't need to make further appointments with her, and to find a specialist on my own as she claimed she did not have any time to make a referral. Then she left the clinic and her letter stated her patients would need to set up future appointments with one of her colleagues, if want to remain with that clinic. It all was very upsetting. I feel violated, and robbed of life by her. Mercy on her other, and future, patients, fooled by her.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
20 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Missouri Health System
Locations & DirectionsMu Digestive Health Center, 101 S Fairview Rd, Columbia, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Katherine L Austin in this video.
Dr. Katherine L Austin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MO.