Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine J Ludington
Dr. Katherine J Ludington, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Encinitas, CA. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ludington is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas, Palomar Medical Center and Scripps Green Hospital. Dr. Ludington has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine J Ludington has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
Superb doctor who not only discovered a rare but important heart condition in me but also found it in my son! Every other doctor told me there was nothing wrong with me but through Dr. L's persistence, intelligence and really listening to my symtoms, we now know what is wrong and what to do about it.
This office has the NICEST staff. I was in the ER just yesterday for chest pain. The ER doctor recommended Dr. Ludington. I called this morning and by 10am I received a call back saying she can see me TODAY! I feel better already. Dr. spent a lot of time with me and felt like she really listened. AMAZING service. A++++
Went to see Dr. Ludington upon my primary care doctor's recommendation. She got me in quickly, took time to listen to my (complex) story and really helped me understand what was wrong (an aneurysm). She even drew pictures at our appointment to explain what was happening. I appreciate her so much for being so patient with me!
THE best referral I have ever gotten from my Primary Care Doctor was to see Dr. Ludington. I have high blood pressure that my doctor has struggled with to control. When I got to Dr. L's, everyone was warm and friendly and made me feel at ease. The office is very peaceful for a doctor's office too. Susana is awesome, knows a lot and is very helpful in answering my questions. Dr. L sat down with me, listened to my story, looked at my medicines in details and helped me change them. In the end, I even got off one of my medicines! I am so happy! I have seen her for over a year now and I feel about 10 years younger! Thank you!
Dr. Ludington has saved my father's life not once but twice in the past year. She is excellent with the elderly, helps keep their medications down and is really understanding of their special needs. Highly recommend if you have an elderly parent you are worried about.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ludington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Katherine J Ludington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKeven Tagdiri MD Inc, 4401 Manchester Ave Ste 103, Encinitas, CA
Dr. Katherine J Ludington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.