Dr. Katherine Smith Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Katherine Smith?

Posted on November 13th, 2013

The prenatal appointments with Dr. Smith were very encouraging. She was always friendly, open, and willing to answer questions. We chose OU because it seemed like the hospital policy promoted natural birth which is what I wanted. Late in the pregnancy, week 38, Dr. Smith springs on me that she thinks I should be induced early. I feel that the risks of induction were down played to obtain consent. I feel that the risks of the many interventions during the induction and eventual c-section were individually down played. The way each intervention was presented made it seem as though it was what was absolutely necessary to not endanger my baby. It felt as though there was no other choice. I was also made to feel guilty about taking too long and keeping Dr. Smith from her own family. The only time I saw a resident was when I was being checked in to the hospital. He very flippantly read through the possible negative outcomes to obtain consent for the hospital treatment. That consent that was required before I was admitted seemed to be worded that the OB on call didn't need to obtain my consent for individual procedures.

seems great!

Posted on August 6th, 2013

Whoever wrote the first review must have had an interesting experience, mine was nothing like that! She was very friendly and explained very well what was going on. I didn't see any student doctors, but it is a teaching hospital, so I probably will eventually. Don't choose a teaching hospital if you don't want to see students.

WONDERFUL

Posted on August 1st, 2013

Dr. Smith is an amazing physician! She cared for me during my pregnancy, and even came to the hospital in the middle of the night to deliver my son. She is calm and caring, and is the prime example of how every doctor should be! If only she practiced family medicine... On a side note: Please disregard the first comment. Whoever wrote that review needs to educate themselves a little further before trying to publicly criticize such an amazing physician.

Wonderful

Posted on March 2nd, 2013

I am pretty shocked by the bad review. I have used her for my pregnancy (have not delivered yet) and she has been far beyond what I could ask for, she listens and actually discusses concerns. The doctor that delivered my first child compared to Katie is like night and day. I was just telling friends it's actually refreshing to have a doctor that listens (and how shocking it is to have one that does!) As far as students, I haven't encountered any yet, but I anticipate delivering in a "learning hospital" and expect students to come with that. Students coming around is a good thing. Hello, next generation medical providers need experience!

Posted on November 28th, 2017